K Clear Case
- Anterior openbite 3-4mm
- Slight crowding in upper anteriors
- Class I canine and molar relationship on right side
- Slight class II canine relation left side
- Right condyle mild dislocation on mouth opening
- Tongue thrust habit on swallowing.
We will start with Aquasplint for 1.5 months to eliminate the mandibular jaw dysfunction symptoms. Bluegrass appliance will be used for 4-6 months to treat the tongue thrust habit.
Then Clear aligner treatment using K Clear from K Line Europe follows in sequence.
Number of aligners:
Upper: 14 upper and 14 lower aligners
Total 12 months treatment
- Align upper teeth
- Treat the CMD
- Treat the tongue thrust habit
- Close the anterior openbite.
Attachments were placed on the buccal teeth for intrusion. The intrusive effect of the posteriors relieved the TMJ and put condyle in a favorable position.
The intrusion of the posteriors helped as well in the anterior openbite closure in only 6 months after finishing the Bluegrass appliance treatment.
The Condyles position were significantly corrected and the patient doesn’t have pain nor TMJ clicking anymore on mouth opening.